If you’ve recently had breast augmentation surgery, it’s important for you to find the right post-surgical bras to wear during recovery. The ideal post-op bra will provide gentle compression and support throughout the healing process. This will help reduce swelling and irritation while encouraging tissue recovery.
Your surgeon will likely provide you with a special post-surgery bra to wear immediately after the procedure, but it’s up to you to stock up on other appropriate bras to wear as you continue to heal. There are a few factors to consider when choosing a bra to wear after breast augmentation surgery. Read this guide to learn what to look for when choosing the right bra for your recovery.
Top Features of Post-Surgical Bras
If you’ve had any type of breast augmentation, breast reduction, or breast implants, the tissue on your chest will need time to heal. As you recover, look for bras that meet these criteria:
- No underwire: Choose a soft, seamless bra with no underwire. This wire could puncture your skin or put too much pressure on your healing tissue. Instead, try a bralette, sports bra, or any soft cup bra.
- No padding: Bras with padding may restrict or compress your chest, which will interfere with the recovery process. Choose bras without any extra padding to avoid this issue.
- Easy to wear: As you heal from plastic surgery, your body will need time to rest and relax. For this reason, it’s important to have a bra that’s easy to put on and take off without a lot of turning, twisting, or stretching. A front closure bra is perfect to wear after any kind of breast reconstruction procedure.
- Adjustable: Along with paying attention to the bra cups, you also need to choose a bra with appropriate shoulder straps. Check that the bra you’re buying has adjustable straps and figure-hugging closures. This will help you stay comfortable and heal properly.
- Soft fabric: Avoid rough, stiff fabrics and any bra that has hard or sharp embellishments, like gems or sequins. Instead, look for bras that are made out of soft, stretchy fabrics.
- Perfect fit: Even if you know your correct bra size, it can be challenging to find a bra that properly fits. You may find that, despite your best efforts, the bras you choose will still be too tight or too loose in certain areas. Schedule an appointment for a personalized lingerie fitting to find the perfect bra with an expert.
Do You Need a Post-Surgical Bra?
There are a wide range of procedures that will require you to wear a special compression bra during the healing process. It is always best to listen to instructions from your doctor regarding your recovery. If you’ve had any of the procedures listed below, you will likely need to wear a surgical bra:
- Breast augmentation
- Surgical breast lift
- Breast reduction
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast implants
- Open heart surgery
New Bras After Breast Surgery
If your breasts have changed shape or size as the result of surgery, you will need new bras that fit your new figure. Whether you got a breast enlargement or breast reduction, you’ll want to invest in sexy, stylish bras to show off your new look once you’re fully healed. It’s time to embrace the new you and let your confidence soar!
What’s the point of undergoing breast surgery if you aren’t going to get a bra that fits correctly? Lingerie that fits properly will enhance your appearance and have you looking and feeling your best. Ill-fitting bras may make you look unkempt, unprofessional, or disproportionate. The right bra will show off your new breasts in the best way possible and will make you look sexier than ever before.
The ideal way to find new bras for your new breasts is to schedule a personalized lingerie fitting with an expert. Trousseau of Dallas offers professional fittings and concierge service by phone or in person. The Ladies of Trousseau will help you find the perfect bras and lingerie to highlight your new assets.
Post-Op Bra Options From Trousseau of Dallas
Trousseau of Dallas offers a huge selection of bras that are perfect to wear while recovering from any type of breast surgery. These bras not only provide comfort and support, but they will also help you feel sexy, empowered, and fashionable while you heal. There is a wide variety of bra styles and designers to choose from.
By working closely with the Ladies of Trousseau, you can create a full wardrobe of post-op bras for healing. You deserve to feel sexy and beautiful at every stage of the healing process. Then, after recovery, you can also build a collection of new bras and lingerie to show off your updated look. To learn more about which bra options would be best for you while healing after breast surgery, call us at (214) 538-5161 or visit our website today.